Thursday, October 13, 2011

This is not related to a discussion I've had personally with someone in the workshop, and it's not from a group discussion in class, but think you all might be interested in the implications of this "study"... Up the Career Ladder, Lipstick In Hand.

You know what? At this point, I just do not give a fuck about the original structure of the workshop. We are going to do something new and, hopefully, more intimate and long lasting. Certainly we are doing something I'm much more invested in. I hope that will be beneficial to all.

I bought a bunch of books at Goodwill today to leave for the next person who comes to the Visiting Artist's Apartment and I'm going to work out how we're going to activate the space as both a comfortable and hospitable space for whoever comes next. And then how to present a cohesive and thoughtfully curated view of your ideas about the space you're currently inhabiting here in Southern California. Some of you are from across the Atlantic Ocean and others are from walking distance to the campus. Suffice it to say, it's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment